Saturday, September 22, 2012

Where to begin...

Here. Right now. In this moment.
I am curled up on the couch.
My husband is in the recliner playing video games.
My sweet 18 month old, Abigail, is sleeping soundly.
Pierce Dog is curled up in our bedroom on my pillow, no doubt.

I am missing writing.
So, I am writing.

+

I am wearing a shirt to bed that I wore when I was pregnant.
I miss being pregnant.
Pregnant is not something you can just be or do.
It is not like writing where one second you want to be doing and the next second you are.

+

My husband and I went shopping together today.
We browsed Newbury Comics.
We picked through the racks at TJ Maxx.
We sampled delectables at Whole Foods.
We drove home with the sunroof open.
I giggled to my soul's delight.

Then we were home to our little girl who giggles the best.

+

Turtle earrings made of recycled, reusable, sustainable, eco-friendliness.
My husband picked them out for me today.
I would have gone for the blue hearts with the g-clef.
I asked him to pick for me.
So, I am wearing turtles in my ears.
I wondered about the symbolism of turtles.
In my Google search I came up with these gems:

The Indians have a legend that the world is supported by four elephants standing on a giant turtle.

Turtles seem to possess an enviable and god-like resistance to aging, and so they came to symbolize longevity.

The turtle symbolizes the primal mother and Mother Earth.

 The Turtle is an ancient symbol that represents creation, endurance, strength, stability, longevity, fertility, and innocence. The Turtle also provides protection, good fortune , and brings happiness and good omens. 

All of the above. Yes, please.

+

I am taking an exercise class with ten other women once a week.
Restore the Core by Karna Fitness.
It is very relaxing and challenging.
I like being around other adults, other women.
It feels good.
It feels empowering.
That one hour a week is precious and revitalizing.

+

I'm in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious