Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spider, what say you?

Spiders! EVERYWHERE!

This week I have encountered at least one spider every day.
Some of them are alive.
Some are in songs.
I recently picked up a book for my daughter. It has been sitting on her shelf for a little while. This week she has been bringing it to me with greater and greater frequency. The book is Miss. Spider's Tea Party.

Tonight I was out on the front porch cleaning up the water table when an enormous spider, one that I am convinced could have carried me away, scurried along the bannister as I set a cup down.

"Eeeeeekkkkkkkk..." escaped my lips.

I reminded myself that spiders do an amazing service for all of us. Eating insects and other spiders is important business. 

Then something clicked and inwardly I thought,"O.K., I am listening, Universe. I am listening. You don't have to send me masses of spiders or even more massive spiders. I will figure out what you are trying to tell me.  Google, here I come!"

Wisdom.
Creation.
Mystery.
Power.
Growth.
Choices.
Infinity.

--------------------------------------------------------------
An aside:
As I sit here trying to make sense of this my husband,  who has no idea what I am writing about, started blasting "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi.

How appropriate is that?!?!?!?
--------------------------------------------------------------
What comes to my mind when I think about spiders:

Spiders...
are small, but powerful.
are small, but play an important role.
weave amazing webs over and over again.
make themselves at home wherever life takes them.
are survivors.
work hard.
are artists in every sense of the word.
incorporate art into every part of their life.
are resilient.
are adaptable.
don't try to control where they are going, but instead trust the Universe to send them on the breeze to where they are needed or belong at that moment.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I am still not sure what any of this means, but I have recognized it (1st step) and I am thinking about it (2nd step) which means I am moving in the right direction.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Are you paying attention to the little messages, the "whispers", in your life?
-------------------------------------------------------------

Where I did my limited searching on Spider Symbolism: here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious