Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Moving

Life is moving along quickly these days. It is June and I can hardly believe it.

We sold our house and the new owners are all moved in.

We are living in a 450 square foot apartment in Arlington, MA. We found it on airbnb.com when we found out we would need somewhere to live for 20 days between closing on our old house and closing on our new house.

In 2 days we close on our new house in Waltham, MA.

In 3 days all of our stuff arrives with the movers who have been holding it in storage for us.

In October we will welcome a new baby into our new house.

I am so excited to get into our new house and make it our own.
"A Robin feathering her nest has very little time to rest..."

We really love the little neighborhood we are moving into. It is one of those neighborhoods that doesn't have any "cut-through" streets which means no one really comes in unless they live there or are visiting someone who lives there. We can walk to a newly renovated (last year) public pool and there are 2 neighborhood playgrounds. The neighborhood has lots of little events that go on throughout the year like 4th of July Parade and Picnic, Halloween Parade, and neighborhood yard sale. We hope to get to know a lot of our neighbors and really feel part of the community.

My husband and I are day dreaming about all of the improvements we can make to the house inside and out. I have grand visions for the yard while he is more focused on the interior.

Our backyard is fenced, but I would really like to fence in our front yard too and put some seating out there. Abigail loves to be outside and with the new baby coming I would like to have two safe places to let her roam.

I can't wait to set up the new baby's room! I have been planning things out a little bit in terms of "theme" and where whatever furniture we eventually purchase will go, but haven't been able to do much beyond that. Once we are in the new house I will be able to pull out the cloth diapers and itsy bitsy gender neutral baby clothes, etc. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

I am also thrilled to have our living area downstairs and sleeping area upstairs. Abigail is really sensitive to sound when she sleeps which limits what I can accomplish while she naps. The separate space is going to be a life changer.

Then there are the two bathrooms (one on each level) and the finished attic and the back deck and the possibility of a crafting/writing area where I can spread out and have some creative time to myself...

So very thankful and excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious