Friday, May 29, 2015

Vivid

I had the most vivid dream last night and it is still with me. I wrote it down, wrote all about it as soon as I woke up, came back into my body, and finally opened my eyes. It was one of those dreams where you wake suddenly and you want to find your way back in. You lay there willing yourself back in, daydreaming what may have happened next, silently sending messages to those you left behind in the dream.
The effects of the dream stay all day. When it comes time to get ready for bed you dress for the world you hope your dreams allow you into again, you brush your teeth, fuss with your hair, and open the window to let in the smell of the cool night air. The breeze tickles your neck and you imagine someone else, something else there. You shift under the covers and your bed creaks as the door opens letting you back into your dreams.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious