Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Reclaiming This Space

It has been years, literal years, since I have kept a blog. For awhile, Instagram has become a blog for me. Lately, I feel called to reclaim this space. At the very least, it might encourage me to write something every day. I am woefully out of practice and out of touch with the blogging world. Here is my reintroduction.
Some important changes have occurred in my life. In 2017, I graduated from Lesley University with a B. A. in Liberal Arts and a concentration in English. This experienced did not change me per se, but it woke me up to myself. I remembered who I am as an individual apart from all of the roles I fill. I began to use my gifts, recall my worth and abilities, feel the slow burn inside me which I then stoked and nourished back to a steady full burn.
I applied to an MFA in Creative Writing and was not accepted. So, I have decided to spend the next year taking opportunities to meet people and make connections and create opportunities for myself. To improve my writing, I am continuing to read and write, submitting my writing to a variety of publications for their consideration, and looking for writing classes and communities to sign up for and join. I will reapply the MFA Program in the spring.
It is my intention to share writing and my journey to the MFA Program in this space.
On a personal note, my children are now 7 and 4 1/2 and the joy of my life. Pierce (9 year old terrier mix), Lucy (8 month old domestic medium hair kitten) and Maggie (Lucy's mom) are in the mix, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious