Friday, June 3, 2011

Introducing Me As Mom

Abigail arrived on March 21, 2011. 321...11, pretty cool birthday to have, I think.  It was the first day of Spring and the Super Moon.  She arrived 2 and a half weeks early at 12:10 a.m., peaceful.  She did not cry until they started poking and prodding her, but was breathing just fine and was a 9 on her APGAR.

So, I am officially a Mother.

As I type, she sleeps peacefully against my chest.  Now and again I take a moment to stroke her full head of hair, kiss her soft spot, and breath in her baby scent. So precious.

I am so thankful to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom (SAHM). It has been a slow process, but we are beginning to get into a groove.  I don't dare say routine, because it changes every day, but I feel like every day I get closer to being able to balance housework and baby activities.  Time to do things like blogging, writing, painting, or sewing is still hard to come by, but I am attempting to begin phasing it in.

This transition time is precious and full of lessons, though, and for all of it I am grateful.  I have always wanted to be a mother and have lots of experience with children of various ages, but nothing prepares you for having a child of your own.  It is challenging and beautiful and so many other things at any given moment of the day. Miraculous, always.  The gift of being able to take this all slowly and figure it out as we go along is amazing and all possible thanks to my hard-working, understanding, helpful husband. 

My thoughts are so fragmented, but I am blogging dang it! ;-)

Some of the topics I hope to write about soon:
Cholestasis of Pregnancy
Birthing
Doulas
Postpartum Exercise
A Wedding
Doggy Swimming Lessons
Baby Wearing

Glad to be back and hoping it lasts!

2 comments:

  1. I am very late with this post due to not being around on the internet much myself but huge congratulations on becoming a mom with the healthy arrival of Abigail. Hope you are enjoying every minute of having her with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious