Monday, April 5, 2010

Healing and Growing

This tree stretches from the banks of the Charles River to the far reaches of the sky.  It is powerful, strong, and silently speaks volumes to me.  Last year, my tree was the willow.  This year this tree is my wonder.  I can't stop staring at it. The loops and stunning shapes of the branches are intoxicating,  The different thickness of each of the branches, all at different stages of growth, but all working together for the greater growth of the tree are miraculous.  Most interesting to me, what I most often find myself reflecting on, are the knots in the smaller branches.  The knots are a break, a difficulty in the branch, but the branch moves through it and keeps growing, always in a different direction, but still the same branch. Fascinating.  Inspiring.  Worth meditating on.

Nature has a lot to teach us if we are willing to look, to pay attention, to truly see beyond the tangible.

Over the past few months I have been doing a lot of healing and growing.  I've been reflecting, getting in touch with my spirit.  Finding out things about myself that I had forgotten, but part of me always knew.  This is just the beginning for me, but I am confident it will take me in  many different directions that will ultimately lead me to the source.  All of us are always healing and growing and exploring different avenues that lead to growth and more healing.  I think that is what life is all about.  I believe that every experience is valid and will ultimately lead to greater good, greater growth, greater healing for everyone.

This tree has so much to teach me.  I'm listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious