Monday, April 5, 2010

Running Season Re-Deux

Last year, when Pierce the puppy came to live with us, I started running and I came to love it. May through at least November, we ran at least twice a day.

Then winter came, cold and snowy and slippery.  We enjoyed the delights of Winter, but I was not delighted by winter running. So, we walked, tumbled in the snow, made people and puppy snow angels, and the like.

Now Spring has returned and we have just returned from our first run of the season.

Me after our run

Pierce after our run


Last year I felt as if I was running from something.  This year I feel as if I am running toward something wonderfully unknown and yet somehow divine. I am so looking forward to accepting it gratefully moment by moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious