Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gaining Confidence

I have been away for so long!!!!  I have been sucked into my new Unravelling E-Course with Susannah Conway (yippee! :-D) and I have worked every day since my last post (Ack!!!).

The e-course has me facing lots of fears and acting more boldly which is already boosting my confidence as Week Two begins.  I can only imagine where I will be by the time Week 8, our final week, concludes!  Boggling!  I highly recommend this course to EVERYONE!

Running is a real outlet for me and I have talked about it many times here.  Last week, I realized that I only go running with the dog.  I never go alone.  Why?  Well,  I was afraid.  What might happen to me if I went alone?  What if I am only able to run because the dog is a motivator, keeps me moving forward?  What if I went running and found that I gave up on myself and just started walking?  Could I really do it alone?


Turns out that I can do it alone and be motivated, strong, and safe.

Do something that scares you this week.  You might just surprise yourself.

Take it from me, the confidence boost you will give yourself will be amazing, intoxicating!

<3 xoxo <3

4 comments:

  1. amazing! i've actually been thinking about how i want to conquer my fears and do things that scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember that song, .... "Everyone's free to wear sunscreen?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

    He says "Do something every day that scares you"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny. I just commented on a blog entry about walking helping the blogger think. It does the same for me. I didn't imagine running would have the same effect because I figured the concentration and exertion required for a run would distract from thoughts.

    I also hadn't thought of a dog as motivator. They never seem to tire or complain of running. They just give it everything they have and love it! I'm glad you learned that you can do this without a dog.

    ReplyDelete

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious