Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Signs

On my photo walk, I took lots of photos of signs.

These are the first two signs I encountered and I couldn't quite believe it.  Just that afternoon I had happened upon Pia's blog.  She lives in Amsterdam on a houseboat.  Maybe I have lots to learn from her.  Maybe I should go to Holland.

Not sure about this combo, but I'm thinking on it.  Offspring in my future?


Budget and DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAY.  I think that this is about budgeting my time so that I have more of a balance between practical tasks (laundry, dishes, etc) and creative tasks (writing, painting, sewing, etc.).  I think that I sometimes use the excuse of "needing" to do practical things to block myself from doing the things I really love, the things that, if I would just sit down and do them, would make my dreams come true.
No more blocking my own driveway!

Here is that word again...and again... DRIVE.  I need to uncover my hidden drive to succeed at my creative endeavors and just drive blindly into those endeavors on a leap of faith, be at peace with the not knowing.

There is just something about this photo that I adore.  I took this and didn't even really know why I was driven to.  This morning I happened upon Christine Mason Miller's blog and her 100 Books Project.  I am hoping to participate.  Maybe I should start my own Relay Mail Project... The gears are turning.

Another that I am still thinking on.

Finally "ROAD WORK AHEAD".  I took this as a reminder that the paths we take in life aren't always easy, that going blindly into the future is not easy, that there is a lot of work to be done along the way.  I have a feeling it is worth it.

What signs have you been missing?

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing the connections your brain can make when it sees something like "School Zone." It's also amazing how many connection it just ignores sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious