Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wisdom Resides

Last night I worked until close.  While we were tidying the store, I was chatting with one of the women who is moving to Philly soon.  We were talking about her new apartment and what she is going to do when she gets there and where she is going to work.

"I am going to do x,y,z while I figure out what I really want to do with the rest of my life, when I grow up" she said.

"Don't worry about what you are going to be 'when you grow up'.  No one knows what they'll be doing next.  Just keep doing. If we aren't evolving, we aren't living." I replied.

I surprised even myself.  I didn't know what I was going to say until it came out.  It was almost as if it wasn't me who was saying it at all.  I realized that it was something that I needed to hear, too. 

Somewhere deep inside, wisdom resides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Learning without thought is labor lost; and thought without learning is perilous.” - Confucious